- Mindful Adventure Travel
- Downloads (if applicable)
Sometimes, the stresses of work and life can cause burnout. Recal’s mission is to provide you with the tools to attain — and maintain — a recalibrated mindset so you can better navigate all of life’s stressors and challenges.
This guided, retreat-style trip is a perfect way for you to overcome your work-induced burnout, utilizing adventurous and mindful experiences in the outdoors to center yourself, renew their sense of energy, and attain a recalibrated mindset. Our trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area is guided by Boundary Waters Outfitters, an independently-owned and operated, racially-inclusive, and sustainability-minded outfitter. And our trip leader will be a Recal Mindfulness Coach.
We've crafted an experience that takes you out of your noisy work environment and into one of the quietest (meaning the least amount of man-made noise) places in the U.S. Surrounded by the pristine lakes and forest of the Northwoods, we will guide you into the quiet in hopes to unlock an inner peace that matches the outer quiet of this unique place.
The Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness is an upcoming Quiet Wilderness Park, as defined by the non-profit organization Quiet Parks International. It also currently holds the designation of a Dark Sky Sanctuary. The combination of quiet and dark skies lend themselves to an ideal atmosphere for a transformational travel experience.
This has the elements of a transformational experience - nature immersion, guided mindfulness practice to achieve inner quiet, naturally quiet soundscape for outer quiet, dark skies, and serene views that make you feel peaceful in the heart of the northwoods. We are excited to share this incredible opportunity to escape our noisy daily lives and grow together with you.
- $1,950/person for 4-day trip
- $2,650/person for 6-day trip
- June 10-13, 15-18, 20-25 (Note: arrival is the evening before)
Our core principles of Mindful Adventure Travel are:
Our trips help you recalibrate your mind and body and bring yourself back to center. This enables you to more effectively navigate all of life’s stressors and challenges. Let’s dig into how we do that:
- Recal Journal. This important element actually begins before the trip itself; as soon as you sign up, you will be sent a Recal Journal. The journal has everything you need to begin your journey toward a recalibrated mindset: prompts for mindful and intentional living, daily highlights, lowlights, reflections, a gratefulness practice, and more.
- Tips and Useful Content from Recal. In order to prepare you for the trip, we will send information to you that includes a guide for how to practice your own breathwork, meditation, or yoga. We also have tips on how to increase your general fitness level leading up to the trip.
- Personal Coaching. Every trip includes a 1:1 session with your Recal Coach before the date of your trip. This will help prepare you for what's ahead and what to expect.
- Recal Journal. The trip itself provides the perfect mindspace and environment, immersed in nature, to be present and able to put thoughts and reflections on paper. Our Recal Journal is the perfect tool for this.
- Breathwork. This is the key ingredient. Your Recal Coach will guide you through breathing exercises that are immensely helpful to center yourself and dive more deeply into being present. Breathwork is a tool that we use to shed stress and anxiety, as well as bring a sense of calm and clarity to your mind and body.
- Meditation. Your Coach will also lead various styles of meditation; the outdoor and unplugged nature of the trip enables you to dive more deeply into this mindfulness practice (even if you are new to meditation)
- Yoga. Depending on your trip itinerary, yoga will be incorporated. The style of practice is a flow more akin to recovery, flexibility, and centering as opposed to a power flow. This is a perfect complement to the adventurous nature of the trip.
- Unguided Mindfulness. In addition to the guided elements, we also set aside time in your trip itinerary to explore mindfulness on your own — whether that is a walking meditation, solo sit, silent hike, time to read, additional journaling, or other activity.
- Recal Journal. Journaling doesn’t have to end with the trip; we created this specifically as an ongoing tool for mindful and intentional living. There is also an option to receive automatic replenishment of the refillable pages of the journal.
- Recal Content and Newsletters. The core mission of Recal is to provide you with the tools to attain, and maintain, a recalibrated mindset so you are equipped to navigate all of life’s stressors and challenges. After your trip is over, with your permission, we will provide you with useful content and information to enable you to maintain the things you practiced on the trip
- Stay in Touch with the Group. The connections you create with other incredible people on your trip can have a lasting impact. We will create a virtual space for you to stay in touch well after your trip.
- Personal Coaching. Every trip includes a 1:1 session with your Recal Coach beforehand, and we also offer one after the trip is over. If you want to go even deeper, and if your Coach has availability, you can continue to work with them on an ongoing basis.
You can read more about our approach to Mindful Adventure Travel on our About Us page.
Quiet Park Trip Series: Boundary Waters Canoe Area, Minnesota
- 4-day Itinerary
- 6-day Itinerary
More information is coming soon!
- Recal Coach and trip leader for all mindfulness practices throughout the trip
- including breathwork, meditation, quiet hikes, and more
- All canoeing and camping gear
- All food and beverages for breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trip
- Vehicle parking is available in Ely, Minnesota
- A Recal Journal as a companion to your quiet journey
- Transportation to Ely, Minnesota
- Gratuities (as you see fit) for local guides and Recal coach
The trip begins in Ely, Minnesota at the Boundary Waters Outfitters.
The address is:
638 Kawishiwi Trail
Ely, MN 55731
We will send you a full Packlist of items to bring in advance of the trip. But for starters, here's a few things you'll need to bring:
Flashlight or Headlamp
Reusable water bottle/canteen
Activewear clothing you are comfortable hiking, biking, practicing yoga, and sitting/lying on the ground in
Recal Journal (which will be sent to you before the trip)
Any personal items that you use for your own mindfulness practices
There will be a Recal coach on the trip leading you through this trip into the quiet. You will experience guided breathwork, meditation, quiet hikes, and other forms of mindfulness.
You will also have our Recal Journal available to you for journaling throughout the trip.
And lastly, given you will be in nature in one of the most beautiful places in the world, there will be more than enough unguided opportunities for mindfulness -- we encourage this as well.
This trip is primarily for adults, so you must be at least 18 years old. Contact us with any questions
If you have to cancel, send us a note at least 45 days before the event and we will hopefully be able to accommodate.
All of our trips enact a 'Presence Policy,' in which you commit to limiting phone use and other technology that pull you away from your awareness of the trip. This is particularly important for our Quiet Series, as our phones and computers are a bridge to the noisy world we are intentionally leaving behind for a brief time.