to Mindful Adventure Travel.
Ultimately, what we mean when we say this involves three core principles:
Complete Immersion in Nature
Our trips feature a complete immersion in nature. We believe this is the best way of connecting to ourselves to the natural environments around us.
On each trip, you will have a Recal guide that leads you through the mindfulness parts of the trip — which is the glue that holds everything together. You will practice guided breathwork, meditation, and yoga. There will also be time set aside for unguided mindfulness.
High Physical Activity
We believe a true mind+body recalibration comes when you push yourself over multiple days. Our specialty is highly active, adventurous trips.
How do we deliver on what we promise?
Our mindful adventure trips help you recalibrate your mind and body and bring yourself back to center. This enables you to more effectively navigate all of life’s stressors and challenges. Let’s dig into how we do that.
- Recal Journal. This important element actually begins before the trip itself; as soon as you sign up, you will be sent a Recal Journal. The journal has everything you need to begin your journey toward a recalibrated mindset: prompts for mindful and intentional living, daily highlights, lowlights, reflections, a gratefulness practice, and more.
- Mindful Adventure Fitness. If you live in a city where we conduct our in-person ‘Mindful Adventure Fitness’ classes, you can attend a session to practice your meditation, breathwork, and improve your fitness level leading up to your trip.
- Recal Journal. The trip itself provides the perfect mindspace and environment, immersed in nature, to be present and able to put thoughts and reflections on paper. Our Recal Journal is the perfect tool for this.
- Meditation. Your Recal guide leads meditations; the outdoor and unplugged nature of the trip enables you to dive more deeply into this mindfulness practice (even if you are new to meditation)
- Breathwork. In addition to meditation, there are also guided breathing exercises that are immensely helpful to center yourself and dive more deeply into being present.
- Yoga. The adventure elements of your trip (whether that is paddling, biking, or hiking) aren’t the only physical challenges. Depending on your trip itinerary, yoga will be incorporated. The practice is a flow more akin to recovery and flexibility, as opposed to a power flow, so it is a perfect complement to the physical nature of the trip.
- Unguided Mindfulness. In addition to the guided elements, we also set aside time in your trip itinerary to explore mindfulness on your own — whether that is a walking meditation, solo sit, silent hike, time to read, additional journaling, or any other activity.
- Recal Journal. Journaling doesn’t have to end with the trip; we created this specifically as an ongoing tool for mindful and intentional living. There is also an option to receive automatic replenishment of the refillable pages of the journal.
- Mindful Adventure Fitness. The core mission of Recal is to provide you with the tools to attain, and maintain, a recalibrated mindset so you are equipped to navigate all of life’s stressors and challenges. If you live in a city where we conduct in-person classes, consider attending a ‘Mindful Adventure Fitness’ class. And if you aren’t, consider following our content for information on workouts so you can ‘do it yourself.’
to Outfitter Partnerships
As we mentioned, each trip is co-hosted by a curated group of independently-owned and operated, racially-inclusive, and sustainability-minded outfitters. Here is a bit more insight to what we mean by that and why we choose to work with outfitters that share similar values.
We work exclusively with independently-owned and operated outfitters. It's our belief that this kind of partner offers a better trip experience, local knowledge, and value for our customers.
Our goal is to increase racial equity and inclusion in the outdoor industry. Our outfitter partners and guides are in this fight with us, upholding a commitment to change.
Our Commitment: a 25% minority traveler base by 2025
We work with outfitters that are committed to education and practical application to traveling in an eco-friendly and regenerative way.
Our Core Values
We are committed to exercising radical honesty in the way we do business. This starts with us in how much we disclose about our trips and outfitters and ends with your honest feedback for what we can do better.
Too often there is a lack of transparency and cryptic language in the travel industry. Let's do things differently.
100% Remote Workforce
We use technology to be productive while on the move. You'll find us testing out our next trip concept or meeting in-person with an outfitter partner — all to ensure we deliver the best experience for you.
You know you're in the right place if you:
- are experiencing work-induced stress, fatigue, or burnout
- are up for multiple days of adventure and mindfulness, but happy to leave technical details to expert local guides
- prefer to venture deep into nature and deliberately choose a remote camp off the beaten path
- define the success of a trip by how refreshed, recharged, and ‘recalibrated’ you feel when it’s over
If this seems like something for you, we encourage you to join our community. You can also view this season’s available trips here.